Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dabbling in the Arts

Hello!

I already introduced Nim in my earlier posts, so I won't have to explain the whole story when introducing the newest member of my BJD family! I found a pretty good deal on another Fairyland pukifee doll (same as Nim) without a faceup. (The face paint) So, I bought her and decided that I was going to learn how to do faceups!

A little bit of background info: I took private art lessons from a very talented artist for about six years, so the actual painting part wasn't a huge challenge. But I can say, first hand, that the faceup artists deserve every cent of their commission charges! Luckily I was able to find a very helpful tutorial on DOA to assist me in my attempts. So, I ended up wiping the first attempt shortly after completion, as it was pretty sorry-looking. Then, I re-did it a day later with the tutorial, and I'm liking this one much better!

Overall, it is really fun to do faceups, I would consider doing them for other people once I get more practice! I think that starting on one of the smallest face sizes may not have been the best option, but I hope I can get a larger doll to practice on! I do have pictures, and I will share the pictures of my first, even though it is pretty rough! I would love to hear comments, questions, critiques, suggestions or any advice you may have! :)

Here is my first ever faceup:
 
 
 
And my second attempt:
 

 
Thanks for reading! I hope to share pictures of my Narnia-inspired Ag collection next! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment