Saturday, April 20, 2013

Another AG dress

     Hey! Do you remember the dress I made for Kit a couple of posts ago? (If not, then scroll down a bit, and you'll see it!) Well, I started another one today because I love the way Kit's turned out! This time, I'm using a solid fabric, in a light teal-blue color and it's going to have a sash and functional buttons in the back! I'm leaving off the pockets, and placket and making it more 1940's style. Why 1940's? Well, this year I have the opportunity to attend the Madison Children's Center American Girl Benefit Sale! For those who don't know, its basically a big warehouse sale (held annually) that takes all of the overstock Dolls (and some returns) from American Girl and sells them to benefit the Children's Center. They are usually discounted by 35-70% depending on the doll, so I think its a great opportunity to get some of the dolls I've been wanting, but not for full price. Molly is an American Girl doll from the 40's who has been on my list for a couple of years, and now I'm going to get her! So, I figured I should start making some clothes for her to wear when I do. :)

Without further chatter, here are the pictures! :)
 
 
 
Here's a "full length" shot... I've given up trying to rotate vertical pictures. Sorry about the crappy indoor pictures, the lighting in my room stinks, and its raining here!

 
 
Pretty Kit! this dress still looks pretty good on her, even though she won't get to keep it! :)
 
Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed this post... More to come!
 
 
 
 
 
P.S. I'm so excited! Someone on DOA saw my FS add about my littlefee, and they have a MNF body they would be willing to trade! EEEEKKKKK!!!!! I hope this works out!


No comments:

Post a Comment