Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kit gets spoiled!

     Hey! Today, I decided to spoil my American Girl Doll Kit. She only has a few dresses, so I thought I should make he a sweet little spring dress for our great weather we seem to be having... I used Heritage's 1930's dress pattern on Liberty Jane's Pattern Site. This pattern has tons of different extra pieces for making each dress unique. I used the pockets, placket, and contrasting sleeve bands on this one. Her patterns are great, easy to follow and I learned a few new techniques for finishing garments as well. For fabric, I found this great remnant in my local quilt shop and snatched it up! It only took me a couple of hours to make this one, I've used the pattern a couple of times and this was definitely the fastest and easiest.

     Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure... :)


Here is a full-length shot... Yes, still sideways. *sigh*

Close up of the fabric, and the cute little buttons!

Here's the flour sack. I Google-d a picture of a vintage flour sack, and freehand sketched the design on a little sack I sewed up.

Pretty shot of my beautiful Kit! :)

 
     Thanks for looking! If you have any questions or comments just let me know... I'd love to hear what you think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment