Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Busy, Busy!

     Hey! Today I went to Joann Fabrics to pick up a few things and ended up stumbling upon the perfect fabrics to start my Celtic Warrior Maiden costume! The plaid is blue and brown with cream accents, and the shirt is a deep navy linen. I lined the shirt with white cotton, so it could have a nice clean edge. The underdress I the one I showed you a few posts ago, and her belt is unfinished. I also started to make a pair of boots for the costume, using Antique Lilac's tutorial. I plan on going back to Joann's tonight with my Grandma, they are having a great Senior Citizens sale, to pick up beads and eyelets, and suede cording for detailing. I know I said that I wasn't going to post anymore pictures of Scathatch until I got her wig, but she insisted on modeling her first "real" outfit... Even if it isn't finished! Until her wig arrives, I've tied a bandana around her bad head I slipped a crochet wig cap beneath to give you the impression that she might have hair beneath... Tricky :)

     Here are the pictures!


This is the full costume, I explained all of the details above... But I still need to make her leather bag, chainmail sleeves, headpiece, finish the belt, top, necklace and boots!

 
 
Here is a picture of the boots, they don't look like much... Yet!


 
 
And, I found this great Bias-cut vintage-inspired plaid cotton at Joann's, I plan to make a sweet little 50's number to put in my shop!




     Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment