Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's All Coming Together

   
      Hey! Yesterday evening my dad and I went to IKEA to pick up a few things to finish u my sewing/crafting area. (It used to be my room, but since I sew around 2-3+ hrs. a day, I moved my bed into my baby brothers room and we sleep next to each other!) But, I've wanted to make a HUGE doll display area for a while to host my AG dolls as well as my BJD's. I wanted enough room to make historical scenes, and to be able to lay an American Girl bed end to end. When I saw Bearpicnic's storage system that she uses for her dolls, I loved it! So, I went with the IKEA PAX Wardrobe system. I just bought the frames and three shelves for each. I got two frames, so I will have a total of eight "rooms". The top "room" is only 18" while the rest are all 22". We had to modify the wardrobes to fit my ceiling, as it is not tall enough to accommodate the wardrobes (big pain in the butt!). So, here's the plan: the top rooms will be for my BJD's, most likely one for pukifees and one for my minifee, or use one for storage, one room for Kit (1930's), one room for Addy (1860's), one room for my Narnia gals (1940's/fantasy), one room for Rebecca/Anna (1910's), one room for Mia (Modern), and one room for Molly (1940's). I plan on adding scrapbooking paper to the walls, and possibly hardwood or carpet to the bedrooms to make them feel more like real rooms! I won't be able to start decorating right away, but I thought I'd share some pictures anyways! :)

     Here's a picture of my inspiration, this picture is not mine, it was taken from Bearpicnic's blog!Bearpicnic, if you do not want your pictures up, just let me know and I will remove them!

This isn't a full-shot, but it gives you an idea of how they will look... :)

 
     And this is what my room currently looks like! Lots of mess, hopefully everything will be up and ready for some serious decorating this weekend! :)

 
Thanks for looking, and letting me share my bubbling enthusiasm! Hopefully I will be able to share some progress pics soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment