Friday, May 24, 2013

Meet Anna!

       Hello! Yesterday you got a sneak peek at my Anna Rubin doll, Rebecca's cousin from Russia. In Rebecca's books, she comes on a steamer ship with her family, all from Russia, to start life in America. They have no money, and wear all of their belonging during the long trip. Rebecca and Anna are alike enough to be sisters, but I didn't want them to be the same face mold. I also didn't want Anna to have the same hair/eye combo. (I still may switch her eyes to brown/amber later.. For now, she looks fine!) So, when American Girl had their CRAZY Jill's Steals and Deals sale, I jumped on the chance and got my own Marie-Grace! I think the subtle facial differences make them similar enough, without being twins. Also, in Rebecca's stories, her and Anna wear Rebecca's twin sisters' hand-me-downs, so they often look alike! So, I would like to introduce you to Anna, the Immigrant American Girl!

     Take home the brave Anna Rubin, she travels across the great blue ocean in a steamer ship to unite with her family in New York. Life in America is supposed to be sweet, but they soon find that not everything is as it seems.

     Anna will arrive in a old-fashioned summer dress, apron, boot, heavy wool stockings, two petticoats, and pantalets. Her family was not able to carry any possessions with them, so they had to wear all of their clothes! Her accessories include: heavy overcoat,  shawl, kerchief, carpetbag and rag doll.
 
Here she is, showing her "meet" outfit/accessories!



 
She has such a sweet face! <3
 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment