Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Kids

     Hey! I know I haven't posted about this before, but I teach a MOPS (Mother's Of Preschoolers) class at our church. My class of crazy five-year-olds are always fun, and entertaining, so I wanted to do something special for them at the end of the year. I (irregularly) read Make It and Love It , a sewing/crafting/DIY/kiddo blog! I was searching for a cute thing to make, like a little goodie bag, or something else that would be easy and cheap to make, when I stumbled across this little post... Uhh oh. Five-year-olds would love dolls, and they are really cheap to make... Why not? Well, I only had about three weeks, which sound like a lot, but I have schoolwork and my own sewing projects plus commissions to work on! So, I only ended up getting six done, just for the girls. For the boys, I went to the good 'ole Dollar Tree and got them race cars, bubbles, lizards and candy!

     Unfortunately, in my excitement, I forgot to take pictures of all of the dolls together... But, I did get a few pictures of some girls/boys before they left! :)

 
 
Jaxsten loved his little puppy!

 
 
Brynn opening her new pal! (She started dancing and spinning right away!)
 
 
 
 
Vivi and Brynn wasted no time breaking in their new dollies! :)

 
 
Sweet little Dannicka holding her mini-me... This girl always makes me smile!

 
 
Travis is a bit shy, but I still managed to nab a picture of him and his lizard!

 
 
I love all of my kiddos, and look forward to next year! Thanks for making my job so easy, and just being fun kids! I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures, I thought I'd share, just because they are so cute... And I hope they brought a smile to your face! :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!!! It still just baffles my mind that YOU are supposed to be receiving gifts from us mom's for volunteering your time, and yet you found such an AFFORDABLE ABLE way to spoil our kiddos, in perfect Kate fashion!!! We're sure do love our Kate!!!!
    😗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!!!! It still just baffles my mind that YOU are supposed to be receiving gifts from us mom's for volunteering your time, and yet you found such an AFFORDABLE ABLE way to spoil our kiddos, in perfect Kate fashion!!! We're sure do love our Kate!!!!
    😗

    ReplyDelete