Monday, May 6, 2013

Mystery Project Unveiled!

Hey! Today, I'm going to tell you a bit more about my next project! My minifee doll, Scathatch, is a 10,000+year old vampire from The Alchemist written by Michael Scott. (Its one of seven books, and I've read them all four times, and loved them every bit as much as the first read!) Scathatch is a Warrior, she defends humanity over her long lifespan, and has fought in many battles... And worn the costumes of many decades--This is where I come in-- I really want to make her several (historical) costumes to wear, from armor to jeans and tee shirts. With her Celtic Warrior Maid outfit finished, I wanted to undertake an equally ambitious project that involves a lot of soda cans! I started making a suit of armor, based off of this picture of a suit from the 1500-1600's.

So far, I've made quite a few pieces, but I have yet to figure out how to attach them all together. I really want each piece to look authentic and move the way its supposed to... But I don't know if that is even possible. Making each piece has been fairly easy, and I'm wondering if I should just stitch all of the individual pieces to a bodysuit, to make everything easier to wear... Hmmmm... Decisions!

Here is what I have done so far, and a  picture to show you how it looks. Let me know what you think!

 
Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed yourself, and leave feeling inspired! :) Let me know if you have any tip/tricks for making armor!


No comments:

Post a Comment