Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Addy Gets Her Underwear

     Hey! I couldn't think of a better post title, so there you have it! ;) I talked a bit about my newest 'project' a couple of posts ago, that Thimbles and Acorns pattern to make undergarments for Addy, I finished, and I LOVE how they turned out! I hate to put clothing on over the top of them because they are so beautiful... The pattern walks you through making a chemise, drawers, crinoline, petticoat and corset, all are fully finished and luxuriously cut-- And finely embellished. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are a few thousand for you! :)

 
Addy is pleased to finally get some proper underthings, she requests that I make her a dress next, because she is embarrassed to be standing around in her undies!

 
Full-length shot

 
 

 
Close-up of the corset, it has boning in six places, it laces up in the back and closes with hook-and-eyes in the front!

 
Her petticoat is trimmed in lace, and a ruffle... Her hoop has three layers of rigid boning.

 
The best shot that I have of her drawers, they have two pleats in the front, and are trimmed in lace!
 
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment