Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1st

     Hey! Today is my parents 17th Wedding Anniversary, and I wanted to start my post off with a huge thank you! Thank you mom and dad for always being there for each other, for me, and for us as a family. Thank you for putting God first, and for teaching me how to prioritize. Thank you for being OK with making mistakes, and thank you for always loving me-- You guys have made being a teenager SO easy, and I'm thankful that I know that you will always be there for me.


     My mom didn't want to go out for their anniversary, so we made a big brunch and now we are landscaping. I thought it would be appropriate to share kit's new work shirt, as we are doing a lot of yard work today! In her books, she wears a men's shirt with cut-off sleeves several times...

 
Here, in Happy Birthday Kit

 
Here, in Kit Saves the Day

 
And here, in one of her short stories.
 
     So, I decided to use up some striped cotton I have in my stash, and make a de-constructed shirt! :) It only took an hour, including all of the time it took to learn how to use the button-hole function on my machine! (Yes, the shirt has working buttonholes!) Its not an exact match to the book, and I plan on making a more accurate on in the future, but for now--She looks really cute!  For these pictures, I styled her hair like she wears it in Kit Saves the Day, and took her outside for some pictures! :) Enjoy!
 






     Thanks for looking! I hope you have a wonderful Saturday! :)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment