Sorry about the picture quality, but you can (hopefully) get the jest of my ramblings by these picturess! :) Thanks for looking!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Hey! I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I sprained a ligament in my knee at VB practice last Thurs. and it is killing me. I am not supposed to be up and about on it, so I had the chance to work on the details of my Narnia costume. Believe it or not, I'm not a very skilled hand-sewer (I know, my ever-patient personality contradicts that statement :P). I've never needed to know how to do various finishing techniques, such as sewing a blind hem, so I got the chance to do some practicing! I used a blind hem stitch for the sleeves, and I should've used it for the slashes as well. I think it looks fairly nice, I really should turn it up again, but the length on the sleeves is really nice now! I also bound the eyelets at the neckline by hand, I'm not sure if that's the right term, but-- :) Basically, I just stitched around and around and around until each eyelet was covered in green thread. It took almost an hour for all four eyelets, that was my original plan for the eyelets in the back, but now, probably not. My grandma says that her sewing machine will do them for me, so I think I'll go with that option... Here are the pictures of today's progress, hopefully I will be able to work on the embroidery tomorrow! :)