Monday, August 12, 2013

Alice in Wonderland!

     Hey! Sorry about the non-posting... Things have been pretty crazy around here! I've been sewing a lot, and working on Camryn's (the MNF Chloe) character, even though she's been here for a few days! I'll put together an intro soon... Hopefully she will have the right eyes/wig because as of now, I'm not as madly in love with her as I thought I would be, but I think once I get her clothes/hair/eyes she'll be a dream! I decided to sell all of my Rebecca/Anna American Girl dolls/items (except for her bed, which is in the loft) so I can make a room for Camryn, I made a new development in her story, her parents are actually missionaries as well as archeologists. They travel a TON, but Camryn loves every minute of it.

     Back on topic now... I've been working on a (big) project recently, its a costume for me, to wear at my aunt's birthday party later this month-- Its Alice in Wonderland themed! She decided that we're going to a tea house, and we all can dress up! So, my first choice would've been to make her blue dress, (the one from the Tim Burton version of the movie, not the book/movie) but I figured that other people might do the same, and I wanted to be unique... (Ha ha ha imagine that!) So, I decided to make her 'Um' dress. If you haven't seen the movie, please do. It is one of my favorites, mostly because of the costumes! Here's a picture of the dress:

 
Now, I couldn't find the correct fabrics with my $40.00 budget, so, I went with what I could find. Almost everything is just pinned together in the next couple of pictures, so if you have any suggestions, let them be heard! :)
 
My version:
 
 
I still have to add the black tulle to the skirt, and the sash-thing... The bodice is lined and it has fusible interfacing sandwiched in there somewhere... It makes it stiff, and not see-through. Its not the best, but not bad for a couple of hours and $40! (Actually, I only spent about $35.00, there's about 6 yds. of tulle in the skirt, and I'm thinking it needs more!)
 
 
Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Where are you selling your rebecca things? I need a few peices to complete her collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agplaythings... Here are my prices:

      Doll/accessories: $95+ship
      School outfit: $30 shipped
      Hanukah Dress: $26 shipped
      PJ's: $22 shipped
      Cat/kitten: $17 shipped

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying! I have those already. :) I was looking for her school lunch set, and her chest, and such. Thank you kate!

      Also, do you still do custom orders? When you were selling your Mia on Ebay I wanted her outfit. I was wondering how much?

      Delete
    3. Hey! The jeans would be $22.00, the tank would be $10.00 and the scarf would be $5.00 and I no longer make the JANES, but I may be able to create a special order... Those would be $22.00! OR- $ $55.00 for the whole outfit.

      Delete
  2. What Rebecca things? DO YOU HAVE HER HANUKA DRESS? I would love that piece. :-D By the way, your dress is GORGEOUS. FABULOUS. Have fun at your aunt's party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would add stripes of ribbon to the bodice like the original... you can either do them in red or black. It is looking so good.. can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion... I was thinking of doing strips of tulle, or black cotton (because I have it on hand) Joann's had a big sale on Tulle today, $.70 a yd. so I got 4 yds. of red to add to the skirt!

      Delete
  4. Your dress looks so much fun!!! ... and yes... one can never have enough tulle XD (well... one thinks that until one reaches the too much point and then one reconsiders)

    ... I have no idea who one is :p haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah... I'll just keep adding, and adding and adding until I look like a giant cupcake, right?

      Delete