Friday, August 9, 2013

Civil War

     Hey! Addy decided that it was high time that she got any attention, so I decided to make her a blouse/skirt combo that would fit over her underthings. I wanted to make a mature style for her, so I used her school suit pattern for the blouse, and just winged it for the skirt! :) The skirt is pleated, so it can support her full hoop, and I added a bit of width to the back of the blouse to accommodate her corset, chemise and other layers of petticoats, drawers and hoop. I found the skirt fabric at a yard sale, it was almost a yard and only $.50! I was going to make a matching jacket, but I used the rest of the fabric to make the rug in the BJD loft... Oops. Oh well, Addy is just happy to have some mature clothes that fit! I've had to get rid of a bunch of her American Girl brand dresses because they don't even work with a petticoat, let alone her hoop! Anyways, here are the pictures!


 
Full-length shot... See how full it is?? The skirt is barely able to support her hoop... Crazy!


 
The blouse is pleated, then topstitched. It has a stand-up collar and a little bow just for kicks! ;)

 
The skirt is my own design, overall, I like the look, and it is a great piece for mix-and matching! :)
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment