Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Contest #2 Submissions

     Hey! I posted about this yesterday, and here are all of the entries that were submitted for my photo contest! The challenge was: to photograph your hobby, or something that brings you joy, and give a brief write-up about why. Here's what you guys came up with... I love all of your creativity!

Entry #1: Mikaela Vall

"I'm entering the second contest with my love of cooking! I cook mostly deserts, using only fruit and a knife! Hope you like it!"



Entry #2: Jordy

"This picture combines a few of my favorite things: Bunnies (the one in the picture is named Charlie), Swimming (there's a pool in the background), Editing (I edited the picture a little bit), Photography (I had to take the picture), and chilling for summer (Charlie is on a-what's supposed to be a beach towel, on a lounge chair, beside a pool.)"




Entry #3: Jan

"That's Tinsley.
She is an Alice Cherry Blossom, probably 2nd edition. I looked for 3 years before I found her. She was the first BJD I ever bought, and at the time was the most expensive thing I had bought myself.
Every time I open her box and see her sweet face, it makes me perfectly happy.
 
Because of Tinsley, I had a 'reason' to buy a kit and build a dollhouse, something I have wanted to do since childhood! I started to collect miniatures, I began to learn how to build them. I bought some FIMO and learned to make little clay food props for the house.
And of course, I always had an eye open for wardrobe and accessory additions.
 
Since then I have added more BJD s to my family, made more room boxes, taken more pictures, and mostly, just accepting that I don't need to be shy about what I like! Hmmm she's cost me a ton of money, ha ha ha, but I feel more creative and have lots of fun.
I'm so lucky I was able to find and buy her!"
 
 
 
Entry #4: Heather
 
"One of my favorite activities is reading. I am always reading... and I always have a book with me, even when I know I'm going somewhere where there is *no* chance I will be able to read. I feel naked without a book!
 
This picture is of Christie (My Melody Barbie) kicking back and relaxing with a good book (this one happens to be book one of "Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black)."
 
 
 
 
Entry #5: Bobby
 
"I love hiking in forests and in mountains, and I consider that as one of my hobbies, so to show that, I took a picture of my American Girl Doll, Julie.  In the picture she is hiking, to show my hobby."
 
 
Entry #6: Sri
 
"My hobby is American Girl Dolls, I love playing with them and dressing them up.  I also like to make furniture and pretend they are actually real.  Recently, with my dolls Caroline and Julie, I created a little lemonade stand for them, and I took a picture of it for this. The dress Julie is wearing is an outfit that I actually sewed for her."
 
  
 
Thank you so much for all of those who took the time to enter! If you would like to vote, just leave a comment on the (one) entry that you are voting for... You can just use the numbering system if you'd like... (ie. I vote for #1 etc...) Again, thank you all for being so supportive! I hope to do many more giveaways in the future, maybe even get a sponsor or two! ;)
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Yay! ... how am I supposed to pick one... I love all the entries ;_;
    I have to think on this... there are a few I'm having trouble picking between XD

    Also... mine is showing really pixelated... here's a link to the image... http://www.flickr.com/photos/46766661@N08/8611561040/in/set-72157633201250937

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I meant to say #5, oopsies
      I just realized it, I feel stupid

      Delete
  3. I think I'm going to have to go with #5... I too love hiking, and Geocaching (your girl should try it!... it's hiking for treasure, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hiking and I am a hiker so I have to go with #5

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for pic #5, it looks awesome, and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete