Monday, August 5, 2013

Finishing Things

     Hey! I've been on a huge 'finishing' kick this week, I've only started one new project this week, and I'm almost done, but I've finished several. I've also almost met my $200.00 goal, I'm at about $125-150 right now, and I still have a few more things to put up! Yesterday, my mom asked me to go to Michaels to pick up some scrapbooking tape for her. I didn't have anything else going that day, so I decided to browse a bit and look for some doll things. The first thing I spotted was a small crate, I though that that would be so cute in the loft, so I picked it up... Only $1.00! Next, in the summer clearance isle, I spotted a cute mini birdcage... It was orange, but only $1.00... then, I saw these super cute canvas decal-stickers. They had a bunch of different designs, all less than $2.00... Mine was $1.49... Finally, I found these neat wooden plaque-things that are (really) heavy and a painted white and distressed a little bit, I thought they'd be perfect to make a window, they are! Only $1.00 each. When I got home, I went to work! I spray-painted the birdcage with some blue spray-paint I had sitting around, and I made some paper flowers and used some scrap fabrics to put inside. I printed out a picture of an NY loft view, (its not realistic at ALL, but it looks cute!) and I decoupage-d it onto the 'windows' and I hot glued those to the wall. I put the crate under the bed, and put a cute canvas sticker on it, and I placed the other stickers around the room. Then, this morning I made a braided rug for the floor... I used leftover scraps from a project I finished for Addy, and some of the bunting scraps, and plain white muslin. So, here is the loft, this is as finished as I think it will get, aside from some more blankets/pillows and making more books to fill the bookshelves and possibly getting another window on the music wall, or putting artwork on it.

 
Full-shot... I think the birdcage might be too much... Maybe if I painted over it in white?

 
The rug... It took over a hour to make!

 
The canvas stickers, there is one on the side of the wardrobe as well!
 
 
Another full-shot... Tris is sitting down this time! :)
 
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. This is just super-awesome! I'm so impressed of how well it all fits together. n_n I agree on the birdcage though - painting it white or maybe even soft pink like the bed might make it fit better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually did paint it white, I just haven't gotten around to photographing it... Its a lot less in-your-face now... :)

      Delete
  2. The room is wonderful! I love the colour scheme.... :)

    ReplyDelete