Monday, August 19, 2013

MORE quilting

     Hey! Lately, I've been addicted to quilting. This weekend, I managed to sneak enough time to finish one American Girl size quilt, and a tiny quit for the dollzone Christmas Baby that I am still looking for. The quilt blocks of the teensy quilt are 1 inch square, before seam allowances! I free-motion quilted the top with little hearts and spirals and machine-embroidered "Riley Jo" on the border. The back is finished in the turquoise/White check print, and it is bound like I bind all of the other quilts! The American Girl quilt is made in a "bowtie" pattern, it ha 16 blocks, each made with a check or a plaid print, some are even flannel! The top is quilted, the borders are free-motion, and the blocks are done by going over the lines in each piece with a straight stitch set on '5' stitch length... So, basically a gathering stitch. (It helps give it a homemade look) I also did a star patterned quilt last week, but never shared it. When I finished the top, I had every intention to add borders and quilt it, but it was so pretty that I couldn't bring myself to add to it. So, it sits at the foot of Robyn's bed in the loft. The fabrics for this one were all bought at Joann Fabrics, I have TONS of leftovers, and was planning on making a few more itty-bitty quilts to possibly sell? Anyways, here are the pictures!







 
If I make the itty bitty quilts to sell, where do you think I should sell them? Do you think anyone would buy them?? Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. You may just want to do an etsy search to see what others are charging...

    (haha, I hate when people tell me things like that... so here are some links to ones I found on etsy)

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/95792259/dollhouse-112-scale-queen-size-bed-with?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/159520356/dollhouse-miniature-quilt-with-2?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/151994127/112-scale-dollhouse-patchwork-quilt?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/158229516/dolls-house-miniatures-112th-scale?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/80401006/one-inch-scale-handmade-fan-quilt?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/124664840/112th-scale-dollshouse-miniature?ref=sr_gallery_10&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/154179228/haf-inch-scale-miniature-quilt?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_query=doll+scale+quilt&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=doll+scale+quilt

    My Mom actually makes BJD sized quilts and people buy them. She sells hers for around $30-$40 plus shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much, I actually whipped up another brown&green colored one... I was thinking of charging about $15-20 depending on complexity, the tiny ones are SO fiddly!

      Delete