Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Little Bit of Sewing

     Hey! Between school and volleyball, my sewing time has been pretty much non-existent. But, with a new girl arriving soon-- TS MIRWEN!!!-- She needs clothing, so I've made her a few dresses. The dress that I've pictured today isn't for her...  It's more of a fun project than anything else! I've been wanting to experiment with a closer fitting bodice for awhile, but every time I would try to make darts, they would be uneven. So, I chose pleating. There are four small pleats in the bodice front, each "pointing" toward the center. The bodice back got similar treatment, but only two pleats. The neckline is finished with lace, and it also has one relaxed box-pleat in the center. I had some leftover fabric from a quilt, so it was only about 3/4 of 1/8 yd. Usually, I would've liked to have given her a longer skirt, maybe even sleeves, but there was barely enough fabric as is. Anyways, enough talk, on to the pictures!

 
Sorry about the flash... These were taken at about 6am today... Too dark for nice pictures...

 
Pleats!

 
Skimpy hemline...

 
These were not measured out in any way, so they aren't perfectly symmetrical. But it looks close enough, especially for a first try! :)

 
Pretty Camryn, I cut her bangs, but I'm not sure if I like it yet...
 
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable little dress :) I love seeing your sewing work... but yeah... lol, school really sucks up a ton of time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! School takes SOOOO much time... And I only take 3 classes!

      Delete
  2. Once again your sewing is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about school taking up your time. The good news is, that one day it will all be over and you should have lots of time to keep making wonderful dresses! (Anyone who sews for us dolls is wonderful in my opinion!)

    ReplyDelete